Periodontal disease, or gum disease, is an infection that causes bone loss around teeth, and if left untreated leads to loss of teeth.
Periodontists are dentists who specialize in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of periodontal disease and in the placement of
dental implants, and are trained extensively in these areas, including three additional years of education beyond dental school.
In California we are fortunate to have a large number of good general dental practitioners and dental specialists. The following are a
few of the reasons why referring dentists and patients choose our office for periodontal treatment:
- The Doctor is an experienced Board Certified Periodontist.
- Our digital intra-oral and panoramic x-ray machines allow state of the art diagnostics with minimal exposure to radiation.
- An experienced Registered Nurse is present full time in the office; an important asset for a practice where surgical and sedation
procedures are common.
- Care during procedures is gentle and friendly.
- The follow-up routine is thorough; in addition to post operative appointments, the first cleaning and oral hygiene instructions are
done by the periodontist.
- Patients are sent back to the referring Doctor's office for maintenance and general dental care, and maintenance cleaning
appointments are alternated between their office and ours
- Our Doctor is easily accessible; office, cell and residence telephone numbers are given to all patients.
- Most insurance plans are accepted.
- Treatment plans are customized according to treatment priorities, and are sensitive to financial considerations.
In addition to this web site, more information regarding periodontal disease and procedures is available by accessing the American
Academy of Periodontology web site at www.perio.org.
|SPECIALIZING IN TREATMENT OF PERIODONTAL DISEASE AND REPLACEMENT OF MISSING TEETH WITH DENTAL IMPLANTS
|APPLE PERIODONTICS &
of Dr. Dorel Onea DDS, MS
Rocklin - (916) 789 1222
Whitney Oaks Golf Course area
Sacramento - (916) 917 5057